FEAT First Emerald Abseiling Team is a Scout adventurous activity team and operates under the auspice of the Emerald Scout Group as a Satellite Team of the State Abseiling Council.
FEAT provides tower and rock face abseiling services to registered Scouts. FEAT provides tower and rock face abseiling services to registered Scouts. The 12m Wilson & Nunn tower is at the Emerald Scout Centre at 21 Kilvington Drive Emerald 3782. Melway 127E5. We operate at Gilwell Park by arrangement. We also operate Shiprock in Gembrook in Kurth Kiln Regional Park.
We will abseil Cubs, Scouts, Venturers, Rovers and Leaders. Generally, Joeys may not abseil except as linking Cubs. There are physical limits (minimums and maximums) to abseil and students need to be able to climb up a 6m ladder unassisted. People undertaking abseiling are referred to as “students”. People onsite but not abseiling are referred to as “observers”.
FEAT is not for profit and aims to be cost neutral. To recover costs FEAT charges for services. FEAT aims to be self sufficient for registration, training and abseiling equipment maintenance and upgrade costs.
- Casual abseiling on tower for a single pack/troop/unit/crew (up to 30 students) – $10 per student per session (minimum charge is $100). A tower session is two hours and starts usually at 7.30pm.
- Casual abseiling on cliff / rock for a single pack/troop/unit/crew (up to 25 students) – $30 per student per session (minimum charge is $300). A session is a half day either 10am-1pm or 2pm-5pm.
- Scout Proficiency badge $10 per student including pre-work kit and badge.
- Venturer Outdoors service hours (post SAC training) ($nil).
- Tower only – $300 for four hours (includes a $30 hall fee to Emerald Scout Group).
Note that we reserve the right to combine bookings and need a reasonable estimate of your attending numbers when you book. We will only run abseiling twice per month to avoid team burnout and not all days are available. Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays are generally not possible due to commitments of the team members.
Bookings open for each term on the first week of that term and fill quickly so don’t delay, you can reach out booking officer Danny on firstname.lastname@example.org